Frequently Asked Questions
- United States RMA Terms and Conditions
- The LIMITED WARRANTY
- How do I return my Linksys Products?
- My product isn't working and the deadline for the reseller return policy is passed.
- How do I contact Technical Support?
- How will Technical Support help me?
- Technical Support determined my Linksys product is defective and has given me a Case #. What do I do now?
- Do I need to send the box, manuals, disks and power adapter when returning a product?
- What are the Limited Warranty and technical support periods for Certified Refurbished Product?
- Who is responsible for shipping?
- What is the turn-around time for to get a replacement product?
- Can you determine if my unit is under warranty from the product serial number or my registration of the product?
- My coupler/dongle broke. Is this covered under the warranty?
- How do I upgrade my product for a better one?
- What is the procedure for a refund?
- If I am located nearby, can I return my product in person?
- Is damage from an act of nature, such as a thunderstorm, covered under the warranty?
- How do I check the status of my rebate?
- How do I contact the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Department?
- Once my unit is replaced, does my warranty start all over?
- What is your refund policy for support fees?
United States RMA Terms and Conditions
Please click here to view US RMA terms and conditions.
For Valet – Click here.
For Linksys – Click here.
How do I return my Linksys Products?
You may be able to return your Linksys Products to the place where it was purchased. Every store has a return time period. If you return your product within the time period designated by the retail store, online store, or other reseller (typically 30 days), you may receive store credit or reimbursement, depending on that reseller's policy on returns and exchanges. We are not responsible for in-store returns or exchanges.
My product isn't working and the deadline for the reseller return policy is passed.
If you have trouble with your Linksys Products during the warranty period, first visit Customer Service online. There you will find frequently asked questions, free software for download, and a knowledge base to assist you and answer your questions. If you need detailed information on a router, visit Technical Support for step-by-step assistance and troubleshooting.
How do I contact Technical Support?
Click here to see Technical Support hours of operation and contact information.
How will Technical Support help me?
One of our professional technicians will work to resolve your issue and help get your product up and running. The technician will determine whether the difficulty is the result of the product, whether your product contains a defect, and whether your product is under warranty. If your problem cannot be resolved, Technical Support will provide a Case # that is used to create an RMA for the Warranty Return process. This number will enable you to return your merchandise for a working product.
Technical Support determined my Linksys product is defective and has given me a Case #. What do I do now?
Completely fill out your RMA form and follow the instructions carefully when returning your product. Clearly mark your RMA number on the outside of the product package and include a copy of proof of purchase (receipt, invoice, or packing slip) when shipping.
Do I need to send the box, manuals, disks and power adapter when returning a product?
Please send only the defective unit and the power adapter. If your product includes a coupler or dongle, include these in your shipment. If your product is a kit and only one of the units is defective, put the model number of the particular unit you are shipping on the RMA form. The model number of the entire kit is not in the RMA drop down menu.
Who is responsible for shipping?
Customers are responsible for shipping the defective unit to Linksys, including: brokerage, taxes, customs, and duties incurred. Linksys will ship the replacement unit to you by UPS ground in the continental United States and Canada. If you want to expedite shipping, you will be responsible for the expedited shipping charge and will be asked to provide a credit card for the expedited shipping charge.
Can you determine if my unit is under warranty from the product serial number or my registration of the product?
Yes in most cases our technical support team can verify your warranty by using the serial number. If the serial number cannot be verified, a Proof of Purchase will be required to determine the warranty.
My coupler/dongle broke. Is this covered under the warranty?
Yes. The coupler/dongle is covered under the warranty period of the card as long as the product is not broken as a result of wear and tear. If the coupler (also called the "Dongle" or "the 5 inch cord") on your Laptop Card has broken, and the product warranty has expired, you may purchase a replacement.
Is damage from an act of nature, such as a thunderstorm, covered under the warranty?
The warranty does not cover acts of nature or natural disasters. We recommend you plug your product into a surge protector before use.
How do I check the status of my rebate?
Most rebates are fulfilled 8 weeks after you submit your rebate coupon. If your rebate has not been redeemed 8 weeks after submittal, please refer to the Rebates section in the Contact Us page for more information about your rebate status. The following information are required for processing:
- (In the Subject Line) First and Last Name
- Full Mailing Address
- Rebate Amount
- Product Purchased
- Place of Purchase (Store or Reseller)
- Date of Purchase
How do I contact the Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Department?
Click here to see RMA/Customer Service Department hours and contact information.